Hyrax v2.1 ( branch: 2.1-stable )
What metadata is included in collections by default?
- Core: Hyrax::CoreMetadata
- Basic: Hyrax::BasicMetadata
How can I change the metadata fields used for collections?
The Collection class is generated in your app at
/app/models/collection.rb when you install Hyrax. This class…
- includes Hyrax::CollectionBehavior which includes Hyrax::CoreMetadata. The core metadata can not be removed or changed.
- includes Hyrax::BasicMetadata. You can optionally remove this include.
- is the location to add your custom metadata property definitions for collections
Can I specify different metadata for each collection type?
No, all collections of all types have the same metadata fields defined.
There were requests for having type specific metadata. It was identified as a lower priority than other functionality. For the initial implementation of collection extensions, changes to metatata were not addressed. If this is determined to be a priority, it can be part of a future release.